Thomas Cat Sewing Pattern
Thomas is a 40cm (16 inches) fully jointed artist designed toy cat . He’s made of mohair, fully jointed, with glass eyes. The cat is assembled in a patchwork from various colours of fabric. This cat sewing pattern is suitable for intermediate level teddy bear makers.
This is the printed version of the pattern. A printed teddy bear pattern is a great choice because you will receive the pattern templates ready to cut out and printed instructions that you can refer to on your worktable as you sew. Once you have paid for your order, we will ship the pattern sheets and instructions to your delivery address.
What Fabric is Suitable to Make this Cat?
We made our Thomas using mohair with a medium pile. He will also look good in shorter mohair or synthetic fur.
Supplies List for Thomas:
- 22cm x 18cm brown mohair
- 25cm x 45cm white mohair
- 35cm x 50cm black mohair
- Fabric – a square of felt or suede for the paw pads
- Eyes – 14mm
- Joints – 20mm, 30mm, and 35mm discs with split pins or screws
- Nose Thread – black or pink embroidery thread no 5, or use a plastic nose
- Fishing line for whiskers
- Bendy limbs or wire for the tail (optional)
Sewing Tools and General Supplies:
In addition to the teddy bear pattern and the items in the supplies lists above, you will need fiber fill stuffing, sewing thread, and possibly some glass beads or lead shot to weight the bear.
Have the following tools on hand:
- Fabric marking pen to mark out the pattern pieces on the fabric
- Small sharp scissors for cutting out
- Hand sewing needles
- A long doll needle to insert the eyes
- A hemostat or stuffing tool
- Needle nose pliers for the joints
Hand Sewing or Sewing Machine?
We prefer to sew our bears entirely by hand. You can save time by sewing the seams using a sewing machine. However, you will still need to do some hand-finishing.
We’re discontinuing printed patterns and all stock is on sale! Have a look at our full range of printed teddy bear patterns for more bargains.