Westerley Teddy Bear Pattern
Westerley is a 35cm (12 inches) fully jointed teddy bear. He’s made using mohair, with glass eyes. With his bent arms and curious stare, you just know he’s up to mischief. This sewing pattern is suitable for beginner to intermediate teddy bear makers.
Westerley is a modern-style teddy bear with poseable bent arms and this makes him the perfect addition to your collectible toy display.
This is the printed version of the pattern. A printed teddy bear pattern is a great choice because you will receive the pattern templates ready to cut out and printed instructions that you can refer to on your worktable as you sew. Once you have paid for your order, we will ship the pattern sheets and instructions to your delivery address.
What Fabric is Suitable to Make this Bear?
We made our Westerley using mohair with a shaggy pile. He will also look good in shorter mohair or synthetic fur, and you could even use corduroy, denim, or cotton fabric to make him.
Supplies List for Westerley:
- Fabric – 33cm x 70cm mohair
- Fabric – a square of felt or suede for the paw pads
- Eyes – 12mm
- Joints – 25mm and 30mm discs with split pins or screws
- Nose Thread – black or coloured embroidery thread no 5, or use felt (there’s a nose template on the pattern sheet)
Sewing Tools and General Supplies:
In addition to the Westerley teddy bear pattern and the items in the supplies lists above, you will need fiber fill stuffing, sewing thread, and possibly some glass beads or lead shot to weight the bear.
Have the following tools on hand:
- Fabric marking pen to mark out the pattern pieces on the fabric
- Small sharp scissors for cutting out
- Hand sewing needles
- A long doll needle to insert the eyes
- A hemostat or stuffing tool
- Needle nose pliers for the joints
Hand Sewing or Sewing Machine?
We prefer to sew our bears entirely by hand. You can save time by sewing the seams using a sewing machine. However, you will still need to do some hand-finishing.
We’re discontinuing printed patterns and all stock is on sale! Have a look at our full range of printed teddy bear patterns for more bargains.