Swamp Nessie Printed Pattern
Swamp Nessie is a 35cm (12 inches) fun animal. Somewhere between a teddy bear and a sea monster, he will charm you with his innocent looks. Nessie is fully jointed, including his tail. This makes him poseable and fun to play with. If you have an unusual piece of mohair and you’ve been wondering what to make with it, Swamp Nessie is an excellent choice.
This is a Swamp Nessie printed pattern. A printed teddy bear pattern is a great choice because you will receive the pattern templates ready to cut out and printed instructions that you can refer to on your worktable as you sew. Once you have paid for your order, we will ship the pattern sheets and instructions to your delivery address.
What Fabric is Suitable to Make this Bear?
We made our Swamp Nessie soft toy using variegated mohair with a medium pile. He will also look good in shorter mohair or synthetic fur, and you could even use corduroy, denim, or cotton fabric to make him.
Supplies List for Swamp Nessie:
- Fabric – 1/4m mohair
- Fabric – a 30cm x 30cm square of felt or suede for the paw pads and tummy
- A scrap of black felt for the mouth
- Eyes – 12mm
- Joints – 30mm and 35mm discs with split pins or screws
- Nose Thread – black and coloured embroidery thread no 5
Sewing Tools and General Supplies:
In addition to the teddy bear pattern and the items in the supplies lists above, you will need fiber fill stuffing, sewing thread, and possibly some glass beads or lead shot to weight the bear.
Have the following tools on hand:
- Fabric marking pen to mark out the pattern pieces on the fabric
- Small sharp scissors for cutting out
- Hand sewing needles
- A long doll needle to insert the eyes
- A hemostat or stuffing tool
- Needle nose pliers for the joints
Hand Sewing or Sewing Machine?
We prefer to sew our bears entirely by hand. You can save time by sewing the seams using a sewing machine. However, you will still need to do some hand-finishing.
We’re discontinuing printed patterns and all stock is on sale! Have a look at our full range of printed teddy bear patterns for more bargains.