Wendy Cloth Doll Pattern
Wendy is a 35 cm (14 inches) jointed cloth doll. She has all her fingers and toes, and an adorable smile on her face. You can also make her dress and beanie hat. The Wendy cloth doll pattern is a great choice if you want to start making your own dolls for collecting or play.
Materials Required for This Pattern:
For the Doll:
- Cotton lycra, approximately 45cm x 50cm
- Wool (knitting yarn) or wool roving for the hair
- One pair of 8mm or 10mm eyes
- Black sewing thread for the eyelashes
- Pink watercolour pencil for the nails
- Powder blusher for the cheeks
- Strong thread to string the doll together
For the Clothes:
- 18cm x 50cm white fabric for the panties
- 25cm elastic for the panties
- 12cm x 26cm rib trim for the cap
- Pom poms for the cap (optional)
- 18cm x 36cm plain red fabric for the bodice
- 20cm x 60cm print fabric for the skirt
- Two press studs for fastening the dress
- Narrow ribbon for the dress bow
Sewing Tools and General Supplies:
In addition to the items in the supplies list above, you will need general sewing supplies such as a stuffing stick, sewing thread, and hand sewing needles. You can sew the doll with a sewing machine, or assemble her entirely by hand.
Skill Level Needed for Doll Making Patterns
A basic understanding of sewing and working with patterns will ensure success. Previous doll making experience is not necessary, but it will help you to achieve a professional look using our doll patterns. If you have a question, Megan is only an email away.
We’re discontinuing printed patterns and all stock is on sale! Have a look at our full range of printed teddy bear patterns for more bargains.