Romeo Dog Printed Pattern
Romeo is a 38cm (15 inches) fully jointed cloth dog teddy bear. He’s made from felt, with glass eyes and movable joints. This doggy is a fun character to make with his eyelashes and soulful expression. Add a felt flower as decoration and he’s ready to woo the ladies. The templace for the flower is included. Although we used felt for our dog, you could also make Romeo with synthetic fur or mohair. This sewing pattern is suitable for beginner to intermediate teddy bear makers.
This is a Romeo Dog Printed Pattern. A printed teddy bear pattern is a great choice because you will receive the pattern templates ready to cut out and printed instructions that you can refer to on your worktable as you sew. Once you have paid for your order, we will ship the pattern sheets and instructions to your delivery address.
What Fabric is Suitable to Make this Bear?
We made our Romeo using felt. He will also look good in short mohair or synthetic fur, and you could even use corduroy, denim, or cotton fabric to make hm.
Supplies List for Romeo and his flower:
- 90cm x 40cm maroon felt or fabric of your choice
- 30cm x 30cm yellow felt
- Woven interfacing (optional)
- 10mm eyes
- 35mm and 30mm wooden joints
- Nose Thread and Eyelashes – black or coloured embroidery thread no 5
- Tiny piece of black felt for the nose
- Ribbon to tie around Romeo’s neck
Sewing Tools and General Supplies:
In addition to the teddy bear pattern and the items in the supplies lists above, you will need fiber fill stuffing, sewing thread, and possibly some glass beads or lead shot to weight the bear.
Have the following tools on hand:
- Fabric marking pen to mark out the pattern pieces on the fabric
- Small sharp scissors for cutting out
- Hand sewing needles
- A long doll needle to insert the eyes
- A hemostat or stuffing tool
- Needle nose pliers for the joints
Hand Sewing or Sewing Machine?
We prefer to sew our bears entirely by hand. You can save time by sewing the seams using a sewing machine. However, you will still need to do some hand-finishing.
We’re discontinuing printed patterns and all stock is on sale! Have a look at our full range of printed teddy bear patterns for more bargains.