Katy Mouse Sewing Pattern
Katy is a mohair mouse. She is 45cm (17 inches) tall. Her head and legs are fully jointed to make her poseable. We made our Katy of mohair, with glass eyes but this pattern works equally well using synthetic fur. The templates for Katy’s dress are also included in the pattern. Suitable for all skill levels.
This is the printed version of the Katy Mouse sewing pattern. A printed teddy bear pattern is a great choice because you will receive the pattern templates ready to cut out and printed instructions that you can refer to on your worktable as you sew. Once you have paid for your order, we will ship the pattern sheets and instructions to your delivery address.
What Fabric is Suitable to Make Katy?
We made our Katy using mohair with a feathered pile. She will also look good in short mohair or synthetic fur.
Supplies List for Katy Mouse:
- 50cm x 70cm mohair
- Fabric – a square of felt or suede for the paw pads, inner ears and tail tip
- Eyes – 12mm
- Joints – 30mm and 35mm discs with split pins or screws
- Nose Thread – black embroidery thread no 5, or use a plastic nose
- 20cm x 70cm cotton print fabric for the dress
- Oddment of plain cotton fabric for contrast
- 2 Press studs
Sewing Tools and General Supplies:
In addition to the teddy bear pattern and the items in the supplies lists above, you will need fiber fill stuffing, sewing thread, and possibly some glass beads or lead shot to weight the bear.
Have the following tools on hand:
- Fabric marking pen to mark out the pattern pieces on the fabric
- Small sharp scissors for cutting out
- Hand sewing needles
- A long doll needle to insert the eyes
- A hemostat or stuffing tool
- Needle nose pliers for the joints
Hand Sewing or Sewing Machine?
We prefer to sew our bears entirely by hand. You can save time by sewing the seams using a sewing machine. However, you will still need to do some hand-finishing.
We’re discontinuing printed patterns and all stock is on sale! Have a look at our full range of printed teddy bear patterns for more bargains.