Peggy Teddy Bear Pattern
Peggy teddy bear is a 22cm (8 1/2 inches) tall and elegant teddy bear. You can make her using mohair or mini bear fabric. She has glass eyes and movable joints. The Peggy teddy bear sewing pattern is simple enough for beginner teddy bear makers and instructions for her dress, shoes, and hair band are included.
This modern-style bear is the perfect addition to your teddy bear collection. She is a dainty size, ready to lend style and a splash of colour to your teddy bear collection. If you weight her feet with a few grains of steel shot or glass beads, Peggy will stand on her own.
What Fabric is Suitable to Make this Bear?
We made our Peggy using feathered mohair with a sparse pile. You can also use slightly more furry mohair, or even synthetic fabric.
Full Supplies List:
- Fabric – 25cm x 35cm (1/16m) feathered mohair or synthetic fabric
- Eyes – 4mm or 5mm black glass
- Joints – 17mm discs with split pins or screws
- Nose Thread – black embroidery thread no 8
- Paw Pads – a square of suede or velvet
- For the clothes, you will need cotton fabric, scraps of lace and ribbon, and a press stud.
Sewing Tools and General Supplies:
In addition to the items in the supplies list above, you will need fiber fill stuffing, sewing thread, and possibly some glass beads or lead shot to weight the bear.
Have the following tools on hand:
- Fabric marking pen to mark out the pattern pieces on the fabric
- Small sharp scissors for cutting out
- Hand sewing needles
- A long doll needle to insert the eyes
- A hemostat or stuffing tool
- Needle nose pliers for the joints
Hand Sewing or Sewing Machine?
We prefer to sew our bears entirely by hand. You can save time by sewing the seams using a sewing machine. However, you will still need to do some hand-finishing.