Spruce Teddy Bear Pattern
Spruce is a 20cm (5 inches) felt teddy bear. We made ours from green and white felt. This is the ideal project for a quick and easy Christmas gift, or change the colour scheme to make a toy for a baby shower etc. The bear is fully jointed and poseable and small details such as pom poms add to the finishing touches. Are you teaching a young person to sew? This pattern is a great choice for beginners.
This is the printed version of the pattern. It consists of full-size pattern sheets, instructions, and a pattern cover with a colour photo. A printed soft toy pattern is a great choice because you will receive the pattern templates ready to cut out and instructions that you can lay out on our work table to refer to as you sew. Once you have paid for your order, we will ship the pattern to your delivery address.
What Fabric is Suitable to Make Spruce Teddy Bear?
We made our Spruce using felt. He will also look good in mohair or synthetic fur, and you could even use corduroy, denim, or cotton fabric to make him.
Supplies List for Tickles:
- Fabric – Felt 29cm x 23cm main colour
- Fabric – Felt 7cm x 10cm contrast colour
- Eyes – 6mm
- Joints – 20mm discs with split pins or screws, strong thread for thread jointing the arms and legs
- Nose Thread – black or coloured embroidery thread no 5 for nose
- 3 Pom poms (optional)
Sewing Tools and General Supplies:
In addition to the soft toy sewing pattern and the items in the supplies list above, you will need fiber fill stuffing, sewing thread, and possibly some glass beads or lead shot to weight the toy.
Have the following tools on hand:
- Fabric marking pen to mark out the pattern pieces on the fabric
- Small sharp scissors for cutting out
- Hand sewing needles
- A long doll needle to insert the eyes
- A hemostat or stuffing tool
- Needle nose pliers for the joints
Hand Sewing or Sewing Machine?
We prefer to sew our bears entirely by hand. You can save time by sewing the seams using a sewing machine. However, you will still need to do some hand-finishing.
We’re discontinuing printed patterns and all stock is on sale! Have a look at our full range of printed teddy bear patterns for more bargains.