Becky Teddy Bear Pattern
Becky teddy bear is a 40cm (16 inches) traditional style teddy bear. You can make her using mohair or synthetic fabric. She has glass eyes and movable joints. The Becky teddy bear sewing pattern is ideal for beginner teddy bear makers.
This vintage-style bear is the perfect addition to your teddy bear collection. She is large, ready to make a statement with her presence wherever you display her. The Becky teddy bear sewing pattern is also suitable to use with vintage fabrics or upcycled clothing. In fact, many people use this pattern to make memory bears.
What Fabric is Suitable to Make this Bear?
We made our Becky using feathered mohair with a sparse pile. You can also use slightly more furry mohair, or even synthetic fabric. Vintage cotton fabric would suit the bear, just be sure to use iron-on interfacing to stabilize the fabric.
Full Supplies List:
- Fabric – 50cm x 70cm (1/4m) feathered mohair or synthetic fabric
- Eyes – 12mm black glass
- Joints – 30mm discs with split pins or screws
- Nose Thread – black embroidery thread no 5
- Paw Pads – a square of suede or velvet
Sewing Tools and General Supplies:
In addition to the items in the supplies list above, you will need fiber fill stuffing, sewing thread, and possibly some glass beads or lead shot to weight the bear.
Have the following tools on hand:
- Fabric marking pen to mark out the pattern pieces on the fabric
- Small sharp scissors for cutting out
- Hand sewing needles
- A long doll needle to insert the eyes
- A hemostat or stuffing tool
- Needle nose pliers for the joints
Hand Sewing or Sewing Machine?
We prefer to sew our bears entirely by hand. You can save time by sewing the seams using a sewing machine. However, you will still need to do some hand-finishing.