Truffles Teddy Bear Pattern
Truffles is a 40cm (16 inches) fully jointed teddy bear. He’s made from mohair, with glass eyes. The teddy bear has a traditional shape with his outfit incorporated into the design. Although we used red fabric and themed our bear for Christmas, you could change the colour scheme to adapt to your project. Pattern for the Christmas stocking is also on the pattern sheet. This sewing pattern is suitable for beginner to intermediate teddy bear makers.
This is the printed version of the pattern. A printed teddy bear pattern is a great choice because you will receive the pattern templates ready to cut out and printed instructions that you can refer to on your worktable as you sew. Once you have paid for your order, we will ship the pattern sheets and instructions to your delivery address.
What Fabric is Suitable to Make this Bear?
We made our Truffles using mohair with a medium pile. He will also look good in shorter mohair or synthetic fur, and you could even use corduroy, denim, or cotton fabric to make him.
Supplies List for Truffles:
- Fabric – 50cm x 70cm red or your choice of colour mohair
- Fabric – 50cm x 35cm teddy bear colour mohair
- 40cm x 8cm long pile fur to trim the hat
- Fabric – a square of felt or suede for the paw pads
- Eyes – 14mm
- Joints – 30mm and 35mm discs with split pins or screws
- Nose Thread – black or coloured embroidery thread no 5
For the Accessories:
The hat is made from mohair but a winter weight fabric may be used so that less mohair is needed.
- 36cm x 28cm felt for the stocking
- 2 buttons and 3 bells
Sewing Tools and General Supplies:
In addition to the teddy bear pattern and the items in the supplies lists above, you will need fiber fill stuffing, sewing thread, and possibly some glass beads or lead shot to weight the bear.
Have the following tools on hand:
- Fabric marking pen to mark out the pattern pieces on the fabric
- Small sharp scissors for cutting out
- Hand sewing needles
- A long doll needle to insert the eyes
- A hemostat or stuffing tool
- Needle nose pliers for the joints
Hand Sewing or Sewing Machine?
We prefer to sew our bears entirely by hand. You can save time by sewing the seams using a sewing machine. However, you will still need to do some hand-finishing.
We’re discontinuing printed patterns and all stock is on sale! Have a look at our full range of printed teddy bear patterns for more bargains.