Rowena Rabbit Printed Pattern
Rowena is a 35 cm cuddly bunny with floppy ears. You can make her little dress and pj’s too. Although Rowena is the ideal cuddle companion for a small child, she’s also pretty enough to make for your teddy bear collection. This Rowena rabbit soft toy sewing pattern is ideal for beginner and experienced teddy bear makers.
Did you know that Rowena is a famous rabbit? She was featured in the Jan/Feb 2006 issue of Craftwise Magazine.
Rowena was designed by Megan Wallace for Tin Soldiers.
This a Rowena rabbit printed pattern. A printed teddy bear sewing pattern is a great choice because you will receive the pattern templates ready to cut out and printed instructions that you can refer to on your worktable as you sew. Once you have paid for your order, we will ship the pattern sheets and instructions to your delivery address.
What Fabric is Suitable to Make this Bear?
We made our Rowena using synthetic fur but feathered mohair would work equally well. You can even try a completely different fabric such as upholstery fabric, denim, or cotton print.
Supplies List for the Bear:
- Fabric – 1/4m mohair or synthetic fabric
- Eyes – 11mm or 12mm safety or glass eyes
- Joints – 30mm discs with split pins or screws
- Nose Thread – embroidery thread no 8
Supplies List for the Outfits:
- Approximately 1/4m small print fabric for each outfit. Quilting cotton or T-shirt fabric work well
- Assorted press studs and buttons
Sewing Tools and General Supplies:
In addition to the items in the supplies list, you will need fiber fill stuffing, sewing thread, and possibly some glass beads or lead shot to weight the bear.
Have the following tools on hand:
- Fabric marking pen to mark out the pattern pieces on the fabric
- Small sharp scissors for cutting out
- Hand sewing needles
- A long doll needle to insert the eyes
- A hemostat or stuffing tool
- Needle nose pliers for the joints
Hand Sewing or Sewing Machine?
We prefer to sew our bears entirely by hand. You can save time by sewing the long seams using a sewing machine. However, you will still need to do some hand-finishing.